This project is read-only.

Recompile needed for Blend/Design 3

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I pulled the source and set the Colorful.Blend.AddIn and Color.Design.AddIn projects to point to version 3 of the Microsoft.Expression.Framework assembly repectively in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Expression\Blend 3        (version 3.0.1000.1000)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Expression\Design 3      (version 3.0.0.2000)

Since Colorful.Control is used in both the Blend and Design AddIns I wasn't sure what to set it to, so I chose the one in Blend 3.

When I compile it, I get errors.  Apparently, the namespace for IAddIn has changed and a Location property needs to be implemented.  Also, the AddInDescription attribute cannot be found.

I will keep working on it.  Any other suggestions?

Mark

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Thanks for posting!

I haven't started working on a Blend 3 version of the add-in yet - but I am in the process of planning a new release. The release will add support for authentication against proxies, support for ColourLovers.com, as well as support for Expression Studio 3 (hopefully Blend, Design AND Web this time around).

Let me know if you have any patch you want to contribute with - or if you want to join the project and get submit  access to the source.

Cheers,
Jonas

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Jonas, thanks for your sharing this.

Having upgraded to Studio 3 for a while now, I'm missing this functionality. Is there a release date for an updated Blend 3 compatible version yet ?

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM

I've run in to a few issues I need to work out. There are changes in the "add in" model - and a simple recompile isn't enough.

I haven't decided on a release date yet - but will try to get a Blend 3 build out (with the existing functionallity) some time this month.

Cheers,
Jonas

May 5, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hi Andrew and Mark,

There is an alpha version of the Colorful addin for blend (http://colorful.codeplex.com/releases/view/41092) - you will need to create a subfolder in the Blend install directory called 'Addins' and extract there.

Any troubles let us know!

Chris