Installation troubles

Oct 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM
This is a cool project and I was excited to try it. I downloaded and followed the instructions but it is not working for me.

The WPF app fails when launched. The error:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: colorful.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 48e17ffb

Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 470bc696

Problem Signature 07: 660b

Problem Signature 08: e1

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Also, the Colorful palette does not appear in Design 2. In fact, sometimes Design 2 quits on launch wit hthis error:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: design.exe

Problem Signature 02: 5.0.1379.0

Problem Signature 03: 480bfdc5

Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 470bc696

Problem Signature 07: 660b

Problem Signature 08: e1

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Blend 2.5 Preview Release is hanging on launch at the Blend splash screen.

Certainly this is a problem with my installation or something. I think I am up to date with the Expression 2 apps and Silverlight 2 beta 2. I've installed all of the Windows Updates too.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Bruce

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2008 at 11:27 PM
Hi Bruce,

I'm quite sure the problem is that you don't have .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 installed. Microsoft introduced some enhancements to WPF in .NET 3.5 SP1 that the Colorful Expression application take advantage off. For instance the support for using String.Format inside Binding Expressions. I actually took on this dependency by accident, and is considering rewriting the code to use my own String.Format ValueConverter instead. It's a fairly simple workaround and will remove the dependency for .NET 3.5 SP1 to be installed.

However, if you want to run the current release simply download .NET 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en).

Let me know if you still have issues.
Oct 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Thanks - I will give that a try.

Bruce

To: bruce.bowman@live.com
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:27:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Installation troubles [colorful:37424]

.ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {border-top:1px solid #ccc;color:gray;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} .ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {color:gray;border-top:1px solid #ccc;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} From: follesoe
Hi Bruce,

I'm quite sure the problem is that you don't have .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 installed. Microsoft introduced some enhancements to WPF in .NET 3.5 SP1 that the Colorful Expression application take advantage off. For instance the support for using String.Format inside Binding Expressions. I actually took on this dependency by accident, and is considering rewriting the code to use my own String.Format ValueConverter instead. It's a fairly simple workaround and will remove the dependency for .NET 3.5 SP1 to be installed.

However, if you want to run the current release simply download .NET 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en).

Let me know if you still have issues.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (colorful@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email colorful@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now